The Parish and Community of Castel, Guernsey
This school along with the Kings Mills and Les Eturs schools served the parish during the 20th century. The Girls' School was built in 1898 of 'pink' granite, and the Boys' School was built in 1909 of'blue' granite - presumably so each knew which school to enter - pink for girls and blue for boys!
Up his retirement in1998, Mr Goddard the Caretaker spent much of his spare time planting and caring for the flowers and shrubs in the school playground.
Images of the School and it's environs
Castel School Past
The trip to Holland 1957
Wartime Castel Schools 1939 - 45
Castel Primary School Official Website this website has ceased to function.
About Castel Primary School this website has ceased to function.
Return to Parish Schools